I hope this e-mail finds you well during this unique and trying time. As I gradually begin to re-open Caring Family Dentistry Irvine, I thought it would be beneficial to update you on what to expect on your next dental visit.
The guidelines being given to dentists from the California Department of Public Health are continually changing but recently indicate that we are now allowed to re-open with strict protective measures in place.
The California Dental Board has always mandated high standards for infection control and therefore the oﬃce will continue to maintain these practices. In addition to these protocols, the oﬃce will immediately begin implementing the following safety precautions for both patients and staﬀ to specifically help protect against the COVID-19:
- Prior to entering the oﬃce, we will ask a series of screening questions related to COVID-19.
- The waiting room will be temporarily eliminated, so if possible please come by yourself to appointments.
- Check-in for your appointment by calling from your car; this way we can bring you directly into your room when it is ready.
- Everyone will need to wear a mask or face covering while in the oﬃce.
- Upon entering the oﬃce, temperatures will be taken.
- Everyone will be asked to use hand sanitizer upon entering the oﬃce.
- Every patient will be asked to rinse with an additional mouthwash prior to their procedure.
- The oﬃce will continue to use only sterile or disposable instruments.
- Our normal practice of using barriers on all surfaces we touch will continue.
- Additionally, staﬀ will highly disinfect every room, surface or object touched between patients.
- All staﬀ will continue to use the proper personal protective equipment (PPE) including gloves, goggles, jackets, and masks. We will be implementing the use of a higher grade protective mask/face shield during procedures.
- Upon check out, you will have the option of scheduling appointments and making payments at the reception desk directly or by having Audra follow-up with you over the phone.
As I had the opportunity to shelter in place for the last seven weeks I was able to reflect on how appreciative I am of those in my life. I am truly thankful for my faith, family, committed staﬀ, and my loyal and understanding patients. I wanted to thank you in advance for your flexibility and patience while the staﬀ and I begin to work through these guidelines and changes and embark on the re-opening process. I wholeheartedly cherish your confidence and trust in me as your dentist during these uncertain times. Audra, Daniela, Kim, Linda, and I consider it such a privilege to be able to come alongside you and your family to meet your dental needs.
Please feel free to reach out and call (949) 551-2024 if you have any questions or concerns about these new practices or to schedule an appointment.
Nolan Jangaard, DDS