Millions of Americans suffer tooth loss, mostly due to tooth decay, periodontal disease, or injury. For years, the only option for people with missing teeth were bridges and dentures. Nowadays, dental implants are an excellent alternative.
Dental Implants are the closest you can get to healthy, natural teeth. They allow you to live the way you want to – confidently eating, smiling, laughing, talking, kissing and enjoying all of your everyday activities without worrying about your teeth.
Reasons for Dental Implants
- Replaces one or more missing teeth without affecting adjacent teeth.
- Helps resolve joint pain or bite problems caused by teeth shifting.
- Restores a patient’s confident smile.
- Restores chewing, speech, and digestion.
- Restores and enhances facial structure.
- Stops premature aging from facial collapse due to tooth loss.
- Implants can support a bridge or denture, making it more secure and comfortable.
Five Facts About Dental Implants
- Ancient dental implants have been traced back to around 600 AD, when tooth-like pieces of shell were hammered into the jaw of a Mayan woman.
- Dental implants are the only dental restoration option that preserves natural bone, and helps in stimulating bone growth.
- AAID – American Academy of Implant Dentistry has been working to share their knowledge and advancements in the practice of implantology since 1951.
- In 1952, Swedish orthopedic surgeon P.I. Branemark, the father of modern implants, discovered that titanium naturally fuses with bone, eventually switching his research focus to the mouth from the knee and hip.
- 3 million people in the United States have implants, a number that is growing by 500,000 annually.
If you have any questions about dental implants or if they are the right option for you please visit Dr. Nolan Jangaard. a leading family dentist in Irvine, at Caring Family Dentistry Irvine, where every patient is treated like family. We have a caring and knowledgeable dental team that is here to serve you with dignity. Please call (949) 551-2024 to schedule your dental appointment.